View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #113 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Swapped mine... Finally.

47xxxk (No previous swaps)

Enjoy! Definitely understand what people mean when they say it STINKS lol I related it to used cat litter.

2qts of Redline 75w90 from Z1, thanks guys for the super fast shipping. Ordered Friday, at my door Tues.

I ended up not needing the washers as I gave them a good inspection and there were no damage/wear/cracks. I did the recommended fill it until it starts to drain new oil out. I let it drain until there wasn't much coming out then capped it.

On to the !

Car on jacks ready to go.

The yummy smelling fluid pouring out. I was expecting it to be darker after so many miles, the flash doesn't do it well, it was more the color of chocolate milk when it first started pouring out...

The drain plug itself had a LOT of shavings on it, so this definitely should have been done sooner, I know. Shoot me. But hopefully this should help out with the rear diff.

Up close it's even crazier, cell phone pic so horrible quality, but you get the idea..

Looks like where they got the idea for the Asteroid in Armageddon..

I have the full size pics but didn't want to load them, if you wanna see anything in full size let me know.

Also, I don't have a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter yet so I wasn't able to use my torque wrench to tighten them back down. I just gave them a solid hand tightening, then another good tug, hopefully that will hold right?? I've got a cloth sitting under it right now to check for leaks in the morning, then I'll give it a quick test run before any long hauls to make sure everything worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jacked Up Sm.jpg (78.1 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpg Draining 1 Sm.jpg (112.0 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg Draining 2 Sm.jpg (97.8 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg Drain Plug 1 Sm.jpg (112.4 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg Drain Plug 2 Sm.jpg (111.5 KB, 532 views)
File Type: jpg Drain Plug 3 - Up Close Sm.jpg (96.4 KB, 530 views)

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote