View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i tried to search this on here but couldn't find a answer. but i have a kenwood ddx 419 double din.
can i use the stock mic and siriusxm antenna with this radio or any other after market radio?
thanks you
Good questions. I'm sure you could use them, but you'd have to track down the wires for the mic inside of the harness running from the center head unit area up to the top map lights (where the mic is located).

You could always pull that down and track the mic wires and splice into them.

As far as the antenna, you can use the amplified FM antenna. I haven't seen anyone successfully use the OEM sirius fin with an aftermarket unit. I would just put the sat radio antenna behind the triple gauge cluster.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote