Thread: Got milk?!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Leadfoot
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z blk M6 cpe
Leadfoot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
The problem with wheel locks is this Sunex 2840 Sunex Sockets

Most wheel thieves carry one with them, your locks will only slow them down a few minutes, I have seen one guy on you tube that put a tow chain and lock thru all 4 mag wheels every night.

I hate to say it but living where you do , your really better getting something that they will leave alone and something you really don't have to worry about getting stolen or damaged while being parked or simply driving in NYC traffic.

On a trip to NYC in my beat up old nissan frontier pickup , I can remember being hit or pushed to the side by a lot taxi cabs in the city, at least 5 times in 3 days, so I can't imagine driving something nice and brand new in that city, in a short tme any decent car will turn to a POS there. Just look at whats parked on the street, slowly your car will turn into one of these.

Your really better off with something like a stripped down automatic versa or a used sentra etc, for NYC.

The other factor is that this will definitly effect your insurance, watch them drop you during the 6 month period, unless you move the car or get something else, right now you are a hi risk for them.

Yea man being a New Yorker all my life you can expect certain things Like never pass a cab on his right or when he sees a fair you can expect him to shoot over in your lane with out a dought but what i seen this morning was not shocking but not expected this particular morning. I refuse to give up tho man. Every day in New York is a learning experience and today i learned i should have parked where i normally park..LOL! You got to keep these bums guessing in the city. I knew that but for some reason i was in my like u said used sentra state of mind not realizing that parking that type of vehicle on a one way street with no security cameras, no police patrols, no house or apartment windows is begging to get my car stolen i fully admit that was a nissan sentra move. But the thing about me is you only get me once i learn and come back stronger must New Yorkers do you have to if you live here.

I got low insurance rates but i know geico is going to f- me when its time re-up. Not just me but all New Yorkers now because its becoming a trend like the honda accords and civis of the 90s once insurance companys find out about a trend that vehicle gets more expensive to insure.