View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #2640 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Actual conversation I had at lunch today with an old guy who wandered into the restaurant and loudly asked the bartender "WHO'S BLACK DATSUN IS THAT?":

First he asked if I liked it. Then loudly told me that his was "THE GRAY ONE IN THE PARKING LOT". As it turned out, "the gray one" was a 350z with really ugly oversized chrome wheels on it.

I said "oh ok that's nice". Then he asked me if I wanted to buy it (???). I said "no sorry, not looking for a car right now". Then he asked me if anyone else I knew wanted one and I said "no I don't think so".

His next words were (verbatim) "My girlfriend is making me sell it because she doesn't like sportscars. I mean, I haven't done anything to the motor but I have those wheels on it and lambo doors"

Mind you, the guy had to be in his 60s. I just shrugged but I'm thinking maybe it's not the car she's objecting to.