View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Welllllll... The breather is ONLY for the catch can (I don't mean to state the obvious)
Again, if we're dabbling with that, the price will be really high... And I don't think you would want to lower the capacity of your radiator fluid reservoir.

Also, since 70%~ of us have a CAI, there's already opened space to put oil catch cans there, so I don't think there is a reason to reinvent the wheel
(And I think those hoses are UGLY AS SIN) and they'll turn brown over time... Lol
and you NEED a breather for the coolant reservoir..... the catch can doesnt need a breather... the hoses can be replaced with black silicone hoses or red, blue ones what ever is your preference.... the catch can has four hoses (obviosly) so its entry... exit... entry.. exit...

the reason why i say you need a breather is the coolant rises and falls when you run your car if you plug that then the pressure has no place to go... the original UAM tanks had no breather hole.... after a couple were sold i noticed they were drilling out the caps.... if you run your system with no breather it will come out from somewhere else... i promise you that... it wont happen right away but it will eventually.... also if it wasnt needed why would every cars coolant reservoir have a breather hole....

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote