View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Sim, not trying to steal your thunder, for $300-400, I'm almost 100% sure I can get them machined from billet for, still leaves the cap...
You said you wanted to buy the caps... I assume that you can only find them in steel, steel and aluminum don't mix :shakeshead: you almost cannot weld them together... (I say almost because it IS plausible, just a MAJOR PIA)
Window is a good idea, but for an order of 10-50, it'll increase cost $50-100/each (If this sounds absurd to you guys, I promise, it's not, it's very realistic, or if you think it IS too much, lets all come up with a way for it to be economically viable)

My goal is sub $300 which either depends how many people I can get on board with a 50% down, and/or figuring a less expensive, not cheaper, way out. My #1 goal isn't making money, it's more helping the forum while keeping jobs in America vs China.

That said, I am still looking into other techniques, one option may have to be a NON threaded cap, kind of like a push on cap.
May sound ghetto, but if it's done well, it should be gold