View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
Ended up getting rid of mine for a couple of reasons.

The first was reliability. ECU whining. Engine oil burning. VVEL control errors post-engine swap. Just didn't inspire much confidence.

The second was service. It was a constant battle to get a dealer (went to several) to acknowledge a problem. I understand this is usually the case everywhere, but it put a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

The third is Nissan corporate in general and the way they've handled (or not handled) this steering lock problem. The GTR gets a recall. Every other vehicle with the same part gets the cold shoulder.

It's not that they don't know a problem exists. They removed the lock from current models completely, yet they still charge people an arm and a leg for a "fix" rather than just owning up to the issue and issuing a recall to pull a stupid fuse.

I just can't support behavior like that. :/

I didn't know you sold your car actually!

And at the moment I'm having that dealer problem too vs back in Houston I could make up a problem and they'd ACTUALLY diagnose it, they even fixed problems that I didn't even know about!

And about the steering lock. It shows how shítty a company is to let that slide, BUT they did FINALLY recall it even though their solution is still a crappy one