View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
(I play devil's advocate because I'm a realist, so please no one get butt hurt... And I have dealt with/know a lot of people to directly deal with metal/machining/welding and such.)

Offering a combo increases price to the point where economically it's stupid, but I guess there's less crap under your hood
A Mishimoto PS reservoir is cheaper than adding one to this...
Also, with regards to PS, you don't want to DECREASE the amount of fluid, you want to increase the hell out of it on our cars... It overheats quickly and god knows the fluid is REALLY turbulent

I'll check with my supplier and CNC guy, maybe it'll be cheaper... Or maybe easier to go with billet, machine it out, then weld a bottom piece on...

ANOTHER HUGE cost will be the lid, sounds dumb, but unless it's premade and it's just welded on, the cost will go up... And premade ones would likely be steel, not aluminum...
DE is definitely correct on this one... i know it sounds dumb but the cap is the most costly part of this project because it would take my guys probably 2-3 hours from start to finish.... if you add that up that right there is about $180 of labor.... with that being said im definitely going to buy the caps premade and just weld them on... i found a site where the caps costs 50 shipped my last headache is the site glass.... i want people to just look at the side and see where the fluid is at and not have to peak in the tank with a flashlight.... i know the old UAM did not have a sight glass nor the fitting for the breather hose they just drilled a hole on the cap.... i am not to partial about just drilling out a hole on the cap because it will spit.... unless you make the cap a 2 piece breather cap so it wont spit....

basically guys i promise to keep the costs at the lowest but also keep in mind for the combo like DE said... the more i gotta do then the more the cost goes up.... with that being said i can easily see these things costing in the 300 range and the 400 range for the combo cans... now dont write those prices in stone please it could be less or a little bit more....

again i stress i will keep the costs as low as i can but labor is expensive and in the end i gotta make money so its worth my while..... only reason why im even going through this headache is my buddy in japan is asking to start making these "im guessing his gonna start selling these" and he has been a tremendous help in my build

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote