View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
My wife got 21 mpg for the first 18 months commuting about 15-20 miles per day all highway (with me romping on it during the weekends). Since Sept 2012, I have knocked that lifetime avg down to 18.5

I guess I'll be ready when it happens, but I still don't understand how the fuel pump is affected by how much gas I have in the car (I run it to '--- miles left' pretty much every tank). And if I have to leave several gallons of gas in the car to keep the fuel pump from failing, how is that not a poor design on Nissan's part and ergo their fault? You're damn right if it fails within my warranty period I'm going to blame them. I should be able to drive my car until it's almost out of gas, and almost is not 'I could have driven another 100 miles'
Hey knock yourself out. Just advice to save you guys trouble. Take it or leave it. The fuel pump potential issue is on ALL cars, not just nissan.