View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #49 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Same here. My gauge says 16.7mpg. I think i see 13/14mpg city and 19 highway.
If anyone is getting over 20mpg's combined? You wasted money on a sports car cuz that poor baby sees no action.

Thread title advice to the general public... Fill at Five. You'll destroy your fuel pump early causing another problem and blaming Nissan for it.
My wife got 21 mpg for the first 18 months commuting about 15-20 miles per day all highway (with me romping on it during the weekends). Since Sept 2012, I have knocked that lifetime avg down to 18.5

I guess I'll be ready when it happens, but I still don't understand how the fuel pump is affected by how much gas I have in the car (I run it to '--- miles left' pretty much every tank). And if I have to leave several gallons of gas in the car to keep the fuel pump from failing, how is that not a poor design on Nissan's part and ergo their fault? You're damn right if it fails within my warranty period I'm going to blame them. I should be able to drive my car until it's almost out of gas, and almost is not 'I could have driven another 100 miles'

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote