View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #38 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really love the AT on this car. Stock the shifts are faster on the average than any human can shift (as evidenced by marginally faster mean 0-60 and 1/4 mile times compared to the 6MT), and with a tune you can make the shifts even faster and firmer.

Reviews have been, to he best of my knowledge, universally positive (note: the G37's trans tune may be different, and has been slightly less adored...). Short of a GT-R or PDK Porsche, you won't find anything like it.

Also, no evidence of greater drivetrain losses than the MT on dynos (full lock up torque converter from gears 2-7, and cf composite driveshaft probably help there) , which is remarkable, but has been repeatedly empirically verified.

And -- you get automatically rev matched downshifts, even on the non-sport package version of the 7AT.

Unless you do not consider the act of operating a motor vehicle to be "driving" in the absence of a third pedal (and to be fair, many folks do feel that way), I think you we quite pleased with the 7AT.