View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.nismo View Post
I wonder how the horn will sound from now on. Let's hope is not near a Klaxon horn making the familiar "Aoogha" sound.
Anyway, back to the subject. I pulled the "weight" and It looks more of a dampener than a weight. Could it be possible that it actually absorbs vibrations? I remember, on the helicopters I used to work, you could place a hand anywhere on acft and no (out of the ordinary) vibrations could be felt, except on one spot close to the overhead area. I could tell when the tail rotor system needed to be "balanced" by just placing my hand on that spot.
Relax people, that is just an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
Slightly off topic perhaps, but my dealer comped me some stronger hatch springs out of warranty. I just had to ask nice.

I'm still going to pop out the weight though (kinda on principal...what kind of f'ed up engeneer ADDS weight to a sport?)
Welllllllll... The adding of weight was (and again I ASSume) for petit women back in Japan.

And it looks like a dampener, kind of, it looks more like the weight itself is dampened.
I haven't noticed any ill-effects from removing it, and if it was just a dampener I assume it would be more rubber, less metal