View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #72 (permalink)
dastaco
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Questionably
dastaco has a spectacular aura aboutdastaco has a spectacular aura aboutdastaco has a spectacular aura about

No regrets what so ever. I can understand being down on the Z though after what DEpointfive0 has gone through.

For me though the Z has a bit of intangible magic that makes a car special. Its not the fastest in a straight line or through the corners.. it doesn't have the best interior.. i've found it doesn't do well with seating 4 passengers.. and its MPGs leave something to be desired. That said the Z (or at least mine) has character to it. I don't see 100s of other Zs on the road (Mustang, Camaro), it is a frightfully good looking car in ways that not many other cars replicate or copy. To me its a unique car that has soul to it.

10+ years from now the Z won't even be close to fast to what modern cars can do then. But I would be shocked if it doesn't stand the test of time because of its looks of character. Its like seeing an 80's 911.. Sure they aren't the fastest cars anymore and sure they actively wanted to kill their drivers.. but they are amazing cars to see because they have a certain soul and passion to them. Maybe the Z doesn't hold that type of status to everyone, but for me it does.

TLDR - I have a hardcore addiction to my car.