View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

You can, very simply, replace just the door speakers. Leave the existing tweeters. Although running new speaker wires to the door speakers is advisable, it is by no means a necessity. Its been awhile since I changed mine out, but if I remember correctly, the tweeters are wired in parallel with the door speakers, and use only a capacitor to cut lower frequencies to them. Matt may be able to comment on whether or not I am correct when I say that.
Put in your new door speakers, listen to it with factory tweeters, If you decide it doesn't suit you, pop the grilles off, and unplug the tweeters. Problem solved.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote