View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
akburst510
Base Member

Drives: 92 Honda Accord
akburst510 is on a distinguished road
Default VERY CONFLICTED: 07'-08' 335i coupe vs New 370z

I am in the market of buying a new car. I have been driving a beater accord for 4 years...it is such a reliable car, but I want to upgrade. I am 20 years old and a University student working for my parents.

I want to spend about $33k.

*Nice performance
*Reliability/No headaches
*DailyDriver-ability
*Tunability
*Looks (both the 370z and the 335i are gorgeous imo...the 135i imo not so)
*Longevity (I am planning on keeping the car for a while...like I did the Honda)
*Love the torque-y nature of the 335i...heard the 370z pulls also.
*4 seats are a bonus, not a necessity.
*Image (I don't know which is worse, a sporty Nissan or a stuck up BMW )
*A friend of mine got a new 335i as a present in Highschool...I had to work for it. He'll think I copied him.
*The 370z is a bargain for what it is. I have been following the e9x series in BMW for a while (I have wanted the 335i since its inception, but this new Nissan is really enticing, especially since I can get a new one.
*Since these are sporty cars, there is a chance that the used BMW was abused, but then again it could not...

If I get the 370z, its probably gonna be a Base with Sports package. The 335i coupe will definitely need the sports package also, but I am more lenient in the luxuries.

The HPFP issues is the biggest turn-off for the 335i. I know it has an auto- extended warranty, but this is going to be my only car. I don't want it to go to the shop often. I want to own the car for a long time.

I don't have a family to carry around, but wouldn't mind the practicality of a 4 seater as long as it is fast.

I am asking the same thing over at the 3-series boards.
VERY CONFLICTED: 07'-08' 335i coupe vs New 370z - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Please be patient with me. I have been lurking these forums for a while and have searched, but I might have missed something.

I am about 50-50 between the two cars.

Thanks for any advice.