View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice59 View Post
Ok...before I get blasted for not using the search feature, let me explain. I have used it. And although some of the information is there.. I'd just like a little more "specific" feedback on the situation.

I'm thinking about getting the Stillen Supercharger and hoping to reach a goal of about 500hp to the wheels. I'm not positive on how feesable that is...but that's my intent.

I found out today that the Nissan dealership in my area is an authorized dealer for it and they're also able to install it. However installing it partially voids some of the warranty.

My question is... what do you guys think about purchasing those parts through a dealer and allowing them to install them? Is that more/less safe than finding an actual aftermarket shop and having them do it?

Also what would you guys assume is a fair price for installation? They quoted me at $1320. give or take a little bit.

Last but not least what other mods (because I'm sure the SC by itself wouldn't do it) would you suggest (reasonably) that could get me to my goal? And if you happen to have a location/site with the best price and customer service could you post that as well.

I know somewhere through the thousands of posts that these answers exist somewhere...but I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys laid down some knowledge right here in this one.. LOL

Thanks everybody!
I will break down your first post to help the best I can.
-Stillen SC is a solid kit, but it has been shown to not have much expansion room beyond the original design/output. If you really want 500whp then I would suggest rethinking your plan, but 400-450whp is a great power output for the z34 platform.
-Nissan dealership is a good install location as they will be able to quickly diagnosis any errors that might take a stand alone shop longer, though a typical install is fairly straight forward. But, make sure you are covered on your warranty & other work so they try not to void other parts of your car that are not related to the SC. Price for install seems fair, I would suggest making it a straight price from them, so they cannot come back & say it took 5 extra hours to that is an additional $500.
-Additional mods needed:
*Dyno tune - get this, do not use the factory stillen tune
*Oil cooler
*Guages - this can either be digital or analoug but seeing more than the factory gauges will be needed to monitor the engine
*Clutch/flywheel/csc - not needed first day but be prepared
*Brake upgrade - Pad/fluid/line/etc is not needed at first but is a good suggestion to help support the car

An additional suggestion is not just cooling the car more, but also think about venting the car. Additional heat can be contained but removing it from the engine bay is better. Also, set aside some additional funds for those "bad" days.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote