View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBro16 View Post
I think that, with the potential return of the Honda S2000, Nissan has an opportunity to make a partnership to make a RWD car happen. Utilize the same approach Toyota and Subaru used.

Disagree about the GT-R and 911 market scenario. The 911 Turbo is the benchmark for the GT-R and it has been AWD since the GT-R has been around. I think the approach you brought up with a mini GT-R style vehicle could in theory be a competitor, but the cost of said vehicle would absolutely crush its chances of success. It will be far too close to the cost of a Z, which is why I see the NISMO Juke as a potential failure because I do not see how Nissan will price it for less than 30K.
I don't think Nissan is trying to slot a RWD under the Z. That's why they're exploring other drivetrains. At best there will be a low end motor and high end motor for the Z.
Not quite. The AWD platform is in the Juke, it's cheap and very advanced... The chassis of the juke is 2800 lbs in FWD 2900 in AWD. A sport coupe would be lighter than a coupe by 250lbs at least. As long as they stay away from CVT in the sport coupe, it could work.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-19-2013 at 12:15 PM.