View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
ZBro16
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Z.
ZBro16 will become famous soon enoughZBro16 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I agree with this but another RWD won't happen. The best thing that can happen is they make an FWD mini Gt-R type vehicle from the megane and build an AWD version ala juke with the capability of rivaling RWD BRZ.

Of course they wouldn;\'t be isntantly direct competitors. But it would be like the GT-R, 911 wars. The 911 is RWD and the GT-R is AWD. They technically aren't competitors. But they are both so good they just throw them on the same track.
If we can make this kind of buzz in the broke mans world. The nissan AWD coupe could make a smash on BRZ sales still, the way the Gt-R impacts 911 sales.
I think that, with the potential return of the Honda S2000, Nissan has an opportunity to make a partnership to make a RWD car happen. Utilize the same approach Toyota and Subaru used.

Disagree about the GT-R and 911 market scenario. The 911 Turbo is the benchmark for the GT-R and it has been AWD since the GT-R has been around. I think the approach you brought up with a mini GT-R style vehicle could in theory be a competitor, but the cost of said vehicle would absolutely crush its chances of success. It will be far too close to the cost of a Z, which is why I see the NISMO Juke as a potential failure because I do not see how Nissan will price it for less than 30K.