View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #149 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Kumakain ko ng tinapay...

LOL

I'm learning. I'm only half (mom) but I'm making it a point to embrace that side of my heritage. My goal is to be fluent in Tagalog by next March when I go "home" for the first time to visit family I haven't seen in ages (or at all beyond Facebook).

I'm doing the Rosetta Stone courses now, and have my mom and several local Filipino friends (including forum member Masa) that can help me out. Chatting with my cousins on FB also helps.
Don't sweat it too much. A lot of people there also speak english. Heck, the place where I was born doesn't even show up on Google Earth and I spoke English before we moved here.

I think the hardest part for me is not being able to use Bisaya or Tagalog on a daily basis. I can understand what others are saying, but it feels like I'm always translating things into english instead of just thinking and speaking in bisay/tagalog.

You're gonna have a lot of fun there. Just gotta be careful, my cousin said apparently there were a lot of "baklà's" hitting on him when they found out he was American, ha!

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote