View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1391sf View Post
I installed some aftermarket HFC's. well it's now inspection time and I failed. Everyone keeps telling me its only because the CEL is on. If I get that to go away will I pass? I was under the impression the cats were legal. Anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do?
In Texas, yes. They do not do a smog check on vehicles newer then '02. They do however automatically fail if your SES light is on due to their immediate concern, "Hey something is wrong with this car." The cats technically aren't legal and it is actually ILLEGAL to replace any smog parts on a street vehicle in Texas but they will not fail you because of it as most the Inspectors don't look on newer vehicles. Older vehicles, you would just fail miserably from emissions test lol. All newer vehicles basically have the SES/CEL to tell the inspector if its out of range....unless you get UpRev and delete the Cats code like most of us.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote