View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
Real aerodynamics, Yamaha tuned body dampers, springs and dampers, stiffened front chassis bar, sway bars front and rear, wider forged wheels (and tires), tune, exhaust, red stitching on everything, embroidery, tach, individual build number, better resale value, special treatment at the dealership, exclusivity, status symbol, etc

There is a reason people try to copy it and desire the badge.

/eagles
You can get real aerodynamics from a number of other body kits. And all the other parts you can acquire on your own of possibly better quality. I can understand the status symbol... but let's be honest it's still a Z. A slightly better Z than the sport package one, but a Z nontheless. And I'm not exactly sure if you can speak for every dealer when it comes to special treatment.

Getting a Nismo is kind of like getting a special edition Scion. Yeah...you can say you're one of the few that got it...but in the end you're still driving a scion. And in no way am I comparing the performance of a Nismo to a Scion....like I said I was in the market for one until I found out exactly what it was I'd be paying extra for.

Judging from what I've seen on this site alone, most people end up changing half the stuff you mentioned anyway...
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote