View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plug & Play Speakers?

Okay guys and gals, I know I'm being lazy on this one and not searching around the forum for an answer, but I'm hoping someone can just point me in the right direction or even answer my questions for me. I just haven't had time to be involved with the forum much lately. I'm hoping life will change a bit because right now free time is scarce. Anyway, onto the topic at hand.

Last year I replaced the crappy stock radio with a JVC DVD one and that alone improved the sound imensly. I never really planned to get new speakers because, well, I've found myself just driving the car and not even listening to the radio much. So while I was heavy into this forum, I never even researched the details of putting in new speakers.

Ever since I got the car there has been this weird spot on the driver side door panel. Over the past year it's actually gotten larger and much more noticeable. It's like there is a defect in the plastic, or some chemical got spilled or something, and it just keeps getting worse as time goes by. So I'm planning to take the car in to have it replaced.

I was thinking that since I'll have to pull the door panel anyway, this might be the right time to get some new speakers. Now for my questions:

- Since this car has a separate stand alone tweeter, can I just put in any set of speakers and have them work properly? Or do I need to do the whole separate tweeter thing?

- What about the cross over? Where is it in the current car? I don't want to have to run all new wires. I'm just afraid a factory crossover might not be set right for new speakers etc. Are there speakers that I can just plug in and not have to worry about this?

Basically, bottom line, I'm looking for a plain and simple solution here, like a plug and play. I'd like to go to Crutchfield, pick out some Infinity or Focal speakers, then hook them up and I'm good to go. Is this an option with this car?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Cheers ----- Bonzo
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote