Thread: Ceramic Tint
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
You can feel the difference with keeping the interior cooler with ceramic. These things have great heat rejection. I have it on my other car and it really performs. H Optik is pricey.

If they're charging you a hefty sum on tint removal, you can save money by taking it off yourself. You're in CA so the warm weather works on your side. Let your car sit under the sun for 20 - 30 minutes. Spray water on the inside of the windows and completely cover with brown garbage bag. The bags will cling to the window. Ensure full coverage. Do the same on the outside. Let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes. These will loosen the adhesive. Work one window at a time, remove the bag, and using a blade, peel off from one corner, and once you have enough to grip with you fingers, start peeling the tint off. This process will leave little to no residue.

I did this after a fix it ticket for having tints on the front.
That works very well, I may suggest... A little soap in the water? (I forgot to be honest)

And WalMart sells some half assed kit to take it off for $5-8