View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am View Post
Hated to open this one up, but what is the cause? I get a "thunk" or a knock when I go from D to R or vice versa when parking or backing up. Seems to be coming from rear on driver's side. I thought it was the brakes slipping, but not too sure now. Any ideas?
The R-to-D-to-R-Clunk can be caused by a lot of things. Sloppy motor, xmission and rearend mounts, transmission slippage, worn u-joints, rearend wear, and brakes come to mind. Since it seems to be coming from one corner, I'd look at the brakes. Could be some slack where the caliper mounts or glazed pads. Also check the e-brake; it may be a little too tight and still touching the drum when released.