View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Orestp
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Orestp is on a distinguished road
Default Detect Flash Error

I'm just trying to load a tune from GTM - Osiris can connect to the ECU - it loads the tune file and then when it should start the flash process - it returns the error "Detect Flash Error" and then goes to "Searching for ECU...", and then just stays that way (I've waited up to 10 minutes).

No idea what to try next.

Update: 06.14.13

I had tried all the stuff below - and, I tried disabling the IOS (as per Omar at UpRev) - nothing worked and then UpRev asked me to send them the cable for testing - it was defective - they're sending me a replacement (Thank You UpRev!) - I guess defects in these cables are very rare (which is a good thing except in the case of my experience).

Stuff I had tried to get the flash to work:

1. I've tried using another computer
2. I've charged the battery - voltage is about 14
3. I've tried it while having the battery charger hooked up
4. I've tried it with the headlamp fuse removed incase the voltage drop was having an effect - I have a US car, but had daytime running lights setup at a dealership - DTRL are required by law in Canada - not sure how the dealership set up the DTRL - there is no DTRL solenoid in the box where you would normally see it
5. I've tried it with the rad fan fuse removed incase the voltage drop was having an effect
6. I've tried it after running the car for a while
7. Sometimes Cipher finds a code: P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error which I can clear (screenshot attached) - sometimes Cipher does not return any codes.
8. I've attached a screenshot off Osiris right before I click Flash ECU
9. When I click Flash ECU - it loads the tune file and then when it should start the flash process, it returns "Detect Flash Error!" for about 2 seconds, and then changes to "Searching for ECU..." and then just stays that way (I've waited up to 10 minutes to see if it would change / do anything else)
10. Every time it fails - I disconnect / reconnect the battery to reset the ECU
11. After disconnecting / reconnecting the battery, the car starts and runs fine

Last edited by Orestp; 06-14-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Resolved the problem
Orestp is offline   Reply With Quote