View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the Q50 in person. Here are my opinions:

LOOKS: Pictures don't do it justice. I know many of you are picturing this car being comparable to a 3 series, but it's a new "lithe-hood" design. It's longer than an ATS, 3 series but s midge shorter than a 5 series. The car in reality, just looks like an evolution of the G37 sedan, BUT. It's like they added, dramatic lines, gave it more damatic wheels and has a slightly lower stance. slight but noticeable. The model I saw was the Q50 hybrid and I think if the Infiniti is priced fairly and can at least tie the ATS in performance. (Which I think it will beat in performance?) It will be a popular car.
The front end of the Q50 is nowhere near as awkward as in pics. In fact, it's dramatic and muscular. So muscular that maybe some people may possibly be expecting more from the sedan??? Will it deliver in that category? I don't know... But it sure looks the part. The Q50 is a nice and very classy looking car. nicer than the 3 series by a small margin, Nicer than the ATS by alot.

I find the ATS to be nice in its styling but compared to the Q and BMW, the cadillac lacks the dramatic character lines of the other two... But I think the infiniti makes a bolder statement over the BMW 3 series in terms of looks.

Just on looks... The Q50 is a surprising win. Pictures don't do it justice. I wasn't impressed with the Q looks from photo or video. I don't feel like I saw the greatest car since sliced bread either, But i like it over the other two cars mentioned in terms of style.

The ATS behind the wheel will be hard gto beat. I; m just being homest with that one.