View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
DufDaddy
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Pearl White
DufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDufDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I work at East Penn Mfg, makers of the Deka brand lead acid batteries. I am a Quality Auditor and I will tell you that Optima batteries are certainly the prettiest battery on the market, but they are junk otherwise. When they first came out we ran some major engineering tests on them because our owner wanted to see if the "6pack" tech was worth looking into. The only test that those batteries beat our wet acid filled batteries in was "shake" testing. We still resell them to NAPA (we reboost them almost always once), but NAPA is slowly moving over into our AGM line. We have developed AGM batteries that cannot be beat in in anyway. AGM = absorbed glass mat - instead of acid sloshing around in the cell each plate is separated by a diaper like material that is saturated in the acid electrolyte. If you wanna put a great battery in your car look for a 9A35/85.

We also make batteries for Sears, Sams Club, Auto Zone, OReily's, NAPA, Carquest, and Advanced Auto after-market companies....arguing which of these guys makes a better battery is like comparing a Pepsi out of a bottle to Pepsi poured into a glass. The batteries are the same, only thing different is the label.

Last edited by DufDaddy; 03-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.
DufDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote