View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #2265 (permalink)
Sales@AAMComp
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GT-R
Sales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Seriously considering the FI TT kit. Tony is going to call me at some point this weekend to discuss.

Quick question for people who know more about this than me:
-Will I need new wheels to accomodate this kit? Tires are a given but I think I'll go ahead and melt my yokohamas first.
-I already have a LSD (nismo lol ok) but am I going to need to seriously consider upgrading clutch/flywheel etc?
-I would assume I won't need an oil cooler running forced induction...or will I?

Any tips (HEY CODY PLEASE READ) or things I should know before I seriously consider taking the plunge would be helpful.
Not to sound like a d!ck or ***, but if you're asking these kind of questions before making such a huge commitment, you might want to do some research on your own first

1) we all know how much it cost to go TT, it ain't cheap, you're about to drop a WHOLE lot of money
2) you are now putting a lot more strain on your motor, will it blow? Probably not, but can you expect to rebuild your whole money? Yes, and this will not be cheap either
3) same goes with your transmission

My advice would be to kind of read around first, get a really good understanding for yourself, and get real world experience from other members who have gone through the process and what they have to say, feedback wise.

edit:

I would guide all questions to FI, they should be able to answer any questions you have

Tyler Day, Technical Sales
TylerD@aamcompetition.com
301-497-9214 Direct
AAM Competition | YouTube channel | LIKE us on Facebook!
Sales@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote