View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
They have a meter that can measure the depth of your paint. Just ask your insurance company for info regarding a shop that has said device. They can tell instantly where the factory paint stops and where the repair begins. That should solve your issue with whether it was there or not.
Last time I used this tactic (fighting for factory paint defects), I was told my hood had been repainted even though it measured within factory spec. They refused to fix it so I filed an insurance claim to get all the shiz fixed. Sigh.

Called my insurance company today, they are reopening the claim and someone will be contacting me tomorrow.

I'm tired of getting shafted by companies refusing to perform work properly and then try to tell me I'm wrong.