Thread: Time to move on
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl79 View Post
Definitely! I've always been curious about them, and this model in particular looks bad a s s to me, so I said, "why not?".

I just gave the car back to BMW today to detail since I took it home the first night without a proper take home wash and wax, so initially my first thoughts are...

Pulls very decently. Smooth trans (AT). It's a lot quieter (by my aging ears), takes the many potholes and rough roads a lot smoother then the Z. It's nice to have a back seat again, even if I can't fit normal sized adults in there for more then quick jaunts. I have a TRUNK, and a big one at that. Only been able to drive it probably 2 hrs in the less then 24 I had it.

The bad, or perceived bad...

It's not a Z. The Z is a special kind of car. The stereo is very non-standard, so my Kenwood DNX9990 or whatever it is won't fit. There are too many bells and whistles I need to figure out, but once I do I'm sure it will enhance my comfort or convenience.

That's it so far. Like this site was, I have a lot of reading and questions to search out before I begin to mod the car. BMW wanted $495 to tint the car, I thought that was a little much to be honest.
Thanks! Enjoy your new ride
elmz is offline   Reply With Quote