View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
Be VERY careful driving in the rain. I had the bumper tube on my 350z and sucked water into the engine and killed it. Mind you, there was massive amounts of rain at the time (6" in a few hours), but it's always something to be leery of.
Negative, Ghostrider.

You can never suck that much water up the hose to kill the car unless you have deleted a bypass. Water is denser than air and you'll always avoid pulling water up if air is allowed to get in through the bypass. To accomplish this, you'd have to submerge parts listed: 5, 6, 11, 21.

And, as some of the older generation turbo-nuts here know, you periodically want a spray of water in an engine to 'steam-knock' carbon buildup off valves. I've even seen technicians take a spray bottle of water directly to the throttlebody inlet. Old turbo-prop planes would blow water into the intake to do this.

Something else was going on with your setup.

Last edited by CDepp; 03-15-2013 at 12:09 PM.
CDepp is offline   Reply With Quote