Thread: Time to move on
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Darryl79
Base Member

Drives: 12-370ZR-BC-7AT
Darryl79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmz View Post
Good luck with the 335i. I think many here crossed shopped these two cars before deciding on the Z. The 335i has always been that car in the back of my mind. I'd love to hear your impressions and comparisons.
Definitely! I've always been curious about them, and this model in particular looks bad a s s to me, so I said, "why not?".

I just gave the car back to BMW today to detail since I took it home the first night without a proper take home wash and wax, so initially my first thoughts are...

Pulls very decently. Smooth trans (AT). It's a lot quieter (by my aging ears), takes the many potholes and rough roads a lot smoother then the Z. It's nice to have a back seat again, even if I can't fit normal sized adults in there for more then quick jaunts. I have a TRUNK, and a big one at that. Only been able to drive it probably 2 hrs in the less then 24 I had it.

The bad, or perceived bad...

It's not a Z. The Z is a special kind of car. The stereo is very non-standard, so my Kenwood DNX9990 or whatever it is won't fit. There are too many bells and whistles I need to figure out, but once I do I'm sure it will enhance my comfort or convenience.

That's it so far. Like this site was, I have a lot of reading and questions to search out before I begin to mod the car. BMW wanted $495 to tint the car, I thought that was a little much to be honest.
Darryl79 is offline   Reply With Quote