View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
MX52Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z'less por ahora
MX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really niceMX52Z is just really nice

Thanks for Guinea-pigging this for us (if I may use a rodent as a verb). I have always been curious about these things but never had the few hundred bucks to blow for an experiment I suspected would be doomed anyway. I did the usual high-end Kenwood route because it felt safer but am grateful you posted.

I really like Android and see a future for it in cars. I wish the industry would rethink limited, purpose-built head units and the tiny and obsolete double DIN standard. I don't see why we can't have a new minimum 10-inch standard size and Android devices like a tablet that sits flush and does everything from audio to GPS to 4G/wifi to OBD diagnostics/digital gauges, full time front/rear video recording and so on.

The current stuff, including my nice Kenwood is too small a screen, too antiquated with its slot loading CD/DVD player (does anyone even use CDs anymore?), too deep, too heavy, too hot, too power hungry, too expensive and too limited compared to an Android device the size of a thumb drive and a thin, high-res screen.

Last edited by MX52Z; 03-15-2013 at 12:08 AM.
MX52Z is offline   Reply With Quote