View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
You are better off with an aftermarket full blown oil cooler versus this little sandwich plate water cooled oil cooler. Look at Z1 25 oil cooler for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smknvtec View Post
I am in OKC and think I will get this one. I will track the car mostly at Auto X but sometimes at the local 1.3 mile track. Still not sure if I am going 25 row or 36 row. Up here it gets to 100 degrees 30 days or so a year at least it has last couple of years. There are also days where it gets into the 30's and 20's so I will certainly need the thermostatic plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I'd stick with the 25-row. I'm doing 30-minute HPDEs down in the SE TX area and I'm still on a 19-row. I wouldn't recommend anyone installing a 19-row in a hot climate, but it does just *barely* do the job on the worst days. 25 should be fine. I'm still dithering about what I'll do for my next set of cooling upgrades. I still find the idea of a direct oil:water heat exchanger interesting. Probably less mass and less hoses, faster warmups, etc. Just tricky to sort out the exchanger and upgraded radiator sizing.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote