View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #650 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I find it interesting how 16-25 year olds make up a third of total buyers on this poll, considering the financial setbacks, owning a a $38k average priced car can impact a budget for a young person.

25-50 year olds make almost 60% of the z market while 10% is comprised of elderly owners.

Though Z sales have not been stellar. I think Nissan did a great job at designing a car that was pleasing to the masses. The z in some angles has an immature racer look, while in other angles it has a mature supercar look. The demographic on this poll proves nissan design an overall success in attracting buyers of all age groups.

Now Nissan just needs a platform where people will want to buy a Z. I think two pseudo-seats in the rear would bring down insurance costs and give people the illusion of practicality, which would sell more Z cars.

PS No I don't expect the rear to fit human beings in the back. lol It's just for the insurance companies.
I bought my Z just after I turned 21. However, I also graduated college at 21 and got my Public Accounting job at 21. It's not so much age, but where people are in life that really matters (besides the rich family where 17 year old kid has his car bought by his parents).

Also, as much as I would hate the Z to put extra "seats" I think you're right that it would help the car sell a lot more.