Thread: MirrorTap
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darli328 View Post
Nice DIY, and thanks for the tips. I hate to sound rude but I don't think your method is not for me. I don't want to cut the sleeve or anything. All I really want is to figure out why my mirrortap doesn't seem to fit and/or what I'm doing wrong (besides me being an idiot, this shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it out to be I know). But, out of curiosity where did you get that tool for removing the wire clip? If you mentioned that in your DIY I must of missed it. Sorry about that.
Not rude...just seems your having a harder time and is taking you longer than is necessary. My motto with modding is if its supposed to take an hour to mod and it is now 2 days, time to do something different. With my setup it takes no more than 10 mins, but to each is own.

Are you talking about the clip for the wire block that goes into the mirror or the clip for the windshield?

the wire block into the mirror i just pinched the block with one hand and tugged on the wire with the other to pull it out, very simple.

the windshield clip you just pinch at the "Y" and pull towards the headliner.
Cbtech is offline   Reply With Quote