Thread: MirrorTap
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
darli328
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
darli328 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes350z View Post
Off Invisicord's website

Guidelines on Using a Voltmeter to Locate Power and Ground
First set your voltmeter to the continuity setting (should beep when you touch the red and black probes together, telling you they are shorted)
Find a ground on the car somewhere, like a bolt under the dash, or a metal cross member.
Put the black probe on that ground, and touch the back of each exposed wire connector in the mirror harness with the red probe.
For each wire that beeps, that means that wire is grounded. Turn the inition to the on position, then back to off, and make sure it beeps regardless of ignition position.
Put the voltmeter into VDC mode, to measure DC volts, turn the ignition to the on position.
Put the black probe on the ground wire found in #4.
Touch each of the wires in that harness with the red probe, and note which one(s) gives you +12-14 volts, turn the ignition off to verify that the volt readings go down to zero or close to zero.
That should define which two ports in that harness into which you would plug the Invisicord, the black Invisicord heat shrink connector into #4 above, and the yellow to #7.
Thanks, but what do I do after that? That's where I'm stuck. I can't seem to get the probes to fit, I push them in and they don't go in very much and fall out. The directions say not to use a lot of force, and I feel like I'm going to break something. I've tried pushing the power/ground wires to the side and tried to force the morrortap wires next to them but they just don't fit. Has anyone had to shave down they morrortap wires to make them fit? I'm out of ideas.
darli328 is offline   Reply With Quote