View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Scubasubiker
Base Member

Drives: Like I boosted it!
Scubasubiker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
the tricky part is gonna be keeping it from cracking. once you get the bumper cut to fit the fangs there is many different types of industrial adhesive you can use to atach.. being that u have done body work before im sure you should have some around.. i would use one with a slow set so this way the fiberglass doesnt heat up to much and become brittle. once it hard then use duraglass to smoth out the area where it attaches, it will also help with the bonding being that there is fiberglass mixed into the durglass.. after that use body filler to smooth and fill any imperfections.. i always use rage gold, but everyone has their preferance on body filler.. after that prep/prime/paint.. the only issue i see in the long run is cracking being that urathane has a lot more flex to it. the fiberglass part will be more rigid but i think if you mount some type if support beam on the underside of where you put the fangs to make it a little more stiff you could cut down on some of the flex and vibration..

hope this helps..
So I have a pint of the epoxy shyt stillen recs coming (sorry can't remember the brand but let ya know). Have my filler THX Italy for the rec... Build to continue tomorrow night. Laters!
Scubasubiker is offline   Reply With Quote