View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYZ34 View Post
i was just reading over in another thread (exterior) regarding bird **** going through the clear coat on the Z the guys that it has happend to did'nt have paint protection? correct me if thats not right.... this was the main reason for me considering getting this applied too
The paint is soft, and it does etch somewhat easily. Put a good wax on it and maintain it, and it won't do happen quite as easily.

That said, there comes a point where you're better off just dealing with issues like this than tryingto use every miracle product out there to try and prevent the inevitable.

It's a car. If you drive it, it will become less than what it was before you drove it. It's not an investment...short of storing it in a garage, then replacing all the parts that rot after 25 years, and hope for a good market to sell it in (ie, desirable, you don't want to be the guy that stored a ford pinto, for example)...

Anyhow.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote