View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #98 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbo370z View Post
I was considering taking my car in for this but I'm not sure it's worth it. Better off removing fuse or cutting wire. Do they have to re flash your ecu? If they do wouldn't you lose your custome tune you need to keep your car running properly while boosted? I'm not gonna risk taking that chance, I was just curious if anyone knows the answer. I'm scared to take my car to the dealer for anything period because I don't want my tune trashed.
Why not do both? I plan on putting my fuse back in, getting the new SLU (ESCL in Nissanese), and taking the fuse back out.

As far as I can tell, all they are doing is replacing the lock with the latest revision and not reprogramming anything. If they do reflash anything, it will be the BCM. No reason to do anything to the ECM.
But I haven't seen anything official on how they are doing the fix. Still no reason I can think of to do anything to the ECM as the ESCL is not connected to it.