View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
This is common with aftermarket springs. Either the rubber pieces where the springs sit on the shocks weren't installed, or the rubber silencers that wrap around the front springs were left on the OEM coils and never installed. The silencers go where the tightly wound part of your Swift springs meet the loosely wound portion (if that makes sense). Either way, aftermarket lowering springs are stiffer and will produce some noise regardless. You can put your car on a lift to unload the springs then install the silencers. If they're gone, just use any durable material (I suggest rubber) to keep the tightly wound coils from contacting.
those wraps are there to prevent chattering, but not creaking (per thread title). and i have no such noise from my cars that run lowering springs (swifts and eibachs).

with the roll centers off, other bits on the car will wear out faster. it's just part of the game.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote