View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Yeahhhhh... I think you have the wrong ones
I wouldn't spray anything on them unless you NEED to. (Torque specs are "dry" torque specs. Once there is a little oil and crap, you've changed that number)

And there's no harm in going to your local dealer... Hell, if they change it for free, you'll save $5
OK, today went to Nissan and the Service Manager said the issue wasn't a recall just a bulletin, his dealership didn't put them on, if they had he would replace them. So, he sold me a new set for employee cost, about 39.00 all told. They'll be in Wed. The lock nuts on now came off very easily, all 4 are clean and rust free. Did I mention my car must have been in a garage for the majority of it's 4 year old life. So, I retightened them and can't wait to put the right ones on there. The tires are original so no Gorilla using an uncalibrated Impact Wrench has put them on since dealer install, so all's GOOD!
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote