View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z057
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
Z057 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Just bought my z...might have to return it.

Good afternoon fellow Z owners,

I recently (3 weeks ago) purchased a beautiful 2011 370z Coupe (11,500miles). I owned a 1995 240sx(220,000miles) prior, and I love Nissan products. I love my new Z but it has issues. I cannot take it through a car wash without having to take it to the dealership afterwards to reset my ECU. The first time I turned off the car immediately after coming out of the car wash because everything electrical was freaking out.Then it would not start. When I got it towed to the Nissan dealership they said they could not replicate the issue and it was not throwing any codes. They said it might have just been a glitch. I accepted this for fact and I went on my way. I went to get my second car wash in it today and shame on me. I come out of the car wash and make sure to not turn my car off. I thought everything looked fine this time, but then I looked down and all my accessories and gauges were gone. I drove straight to the dealership and put it into the service department. The passenger floor board was soaked and I had water coming out of the rear hatch when I opened it. They told me it would take about three days to figure it out. They said I might need to claim Lemon Law, as I live in Dallas, TX. Now the car did have a custom stereo installed before I purchased the car, so not sure if their wiring is somehow glitching everything out when it gets wet. I was just wondering if anyone had any similar issues. I do not want to get rid of my Z but I am not sure what else I can do.

Thanks Z Community,

Z057
Z057 is offline   Reply With Quote