View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgibbons View Post
Interested. I see OEM and I also see questions about fitting it to a base. Is this different then the one on the base model?? I'm in colorado too!
I believe the base has an open diff.

This is a viscous limited slip diff.

I Cant speak definitively for the fitment of stub axles to a base, but would guess it will fit fine. You will probably only need new bearing seals from the dealer and a good shop for install. (you need a shop because it is not plug and play you need to get the ring gear and bearing preload properly lined up with shims) its actually kinda fun, but unless you have done a lot of diffs, its not a DIY. The shims are the only tricky part of the install because you don't know what you need till you try a few and they take time to order. A good tranny shop may have the ones you need on hand.

If you are near Parker, I did mine at MAC autosport. they are really good to work with and did my diff CHEAP $400!! I love that shop.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote