View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #478 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
... Also, I am quite confident the fuse is not connected to anything else because Nissan omitted both the unit and the fuse in the later models. If the fuse was working with anything else, you'd think they'd have left it in the fuse box.
According to the wiring diagrams, there is a signal that comes from the line between the fuse and the SLU and goes to the BCM (or was it ECM?). As far as I know, no one has been able to ascertain the function of this signal, but it doesn't appear to be important. Many ppl, myself included, have removed the fuse with no problems.

Unless Nissan has redesigned the SLU, I am assuming that the replacements will fail soon and I will remove the fuse (will put it back in before going to dealer) after the SLU is replaced. If it turns out to be a new-and-improved SLU, the next owner can re-activate the damn thing, if they want to.