View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
MarkGideon
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Base
MarkGideon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Either way, I ran without the two forward mounts (Muffler has 4 total, two front, two rear, the front ones didn't fit on mine) the entire time I had the system and never saw any signs of stress or otherwise.

That tip fitment is concerning though. Mine definitely didn't look like that.
Interesting. The Nismo muffler I installed only had three hangers--the two on either side toward the rear of the car, and one on the front driver's side. The two rear were the same as the base stock exhaust so no modifications were necessary. The front driver's side muffler hanger was the only different mounting point between the base exhaust and the Nismo exhaust.

There are a few other posts about the different driver's side muffler mount. Seems there is a metal plate that mounts onto the Nismo frame to drop the mounting point for the bolt through the insulator. Seems I read somewhere here that the cost of said adapter plate was prohibitively expensive, thus my use of a $7 chunk of rubber.

2012 370Z Base Gun Metallic--2015 Altima 2.5SV Gun Metallic--2020 Chevy Silverado RST--1965 Chevy C10 Stepside Shortbed
MarkGideon is offline   Reply With Quote