View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #1593 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Man, I've been having a bitch of a problem lately. I've been encountering focus issues with multiple lenses for probably 6 months or so. Hesitant to ship my lenses and body to Canon for calibration, I've been doing a bunch of tests to try and narrow down what the problem is. The pics were consistent in that the focus was soft, not front or back focused, and the aberration was terrible. I had a breakthrough tonight though. I use a UV and CPL filter on all my lenses and pretty much never took them off. I remembered reading somewhere, I think amazon, that filters can cause issues with some stuff, I didn't remember. So... I took the filters off, snapped some shots of the Fiancee reading on the couch (she was not happy) and looked at the results. Sharp pics. Tested a bunch more and all the shots were sharp, even at apertures as wide as 1.8. What a f*cking headache. I'm gonna take some car shots outside tomorrow and see what results I get. Hopefully positive ones.

BTW, live view sharpness was perfect, even with the filters on. Probably because its so much more accurate vs the viewfinder.
Sorry for your headaches, but that may help a lot of us. My focus has been pretty iffy too. I'll have to pull off my filters and see if it clears any.

You said you used UV and CPL filters. Do you mean at the same time? That can cause major issues.
Borla S-Type | Motordyne | Z1 (lots) | South Bend | K&N | Nismo/Nismo S-Tune | Eibach | Aerojacket | Fujimara | Spl | ZSpeed Performance | Kenwood-Infinity-Sound Ordnance | Whiteline | Ecutek | Hotchkis | Clazzio | VQ Vortex |Morimoto XB |Dynosty Tune 329.64hp 265.73 ft/lb
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote