View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #147 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

As for the Nismo division in their defense; they did invest time & money in research to improve the stock car for what the general market would like. There'll always be something on the Nismo someone's not gonna like for what they put together as a package.

Take the GT-R for an example: A freaking awesome great car. The next Nismo GT-R R35 they're making in progress; I bet you they're gonna mark up the car by an amount which one would argue with the same amount of $ spent they could buy better aftermarket stuff on their regular R35 and give the Nismo R35 nothing to brag about. That'll be the case ALWAYS.

There's plenty of aftermarket companies (i.e. KW, Whiteline, Stillen, Berk, Fast Intentions, etc) which specializes one/few particular functional parts which will sell for less and perform better. Nismo will never be able to compete while they try their best by partnering up with specialized companies like Brembo/Ray's Volks, etc as much as they can.

If I was a great design engineers at a particular part, heck, I'd leave and start my own division and brand it.

While all this is true, I still appreciate the Nismo 370z. Not everybody likes to work on their car and put not factory backed up parts. Plus, the Nismo body looks good and is functional. Cost justification is over rated.