View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #146 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the feedback.

I don't believe that me putting the Nismo should offend any Nismo owners.
While that's true, I find it very interesting that most agree if I convert a car to a full Nismo kit, they shouldn't put on the Badge due to others having the need to call somebody else out on it.

The purpose of this thread for me was to see what the community feels about this idea rather than what I should do. I've already decided whether to badge it or not so to me.

I like the styling of the Nismo and I am glad the Nismo division spent their time and money to make this car and sold it as a premium trim. As a stock OEM car, it's probably one of my favorite cars you can get at $40K. Not everyone would want to void warranty and play with aftermarket stuff; some people just love to drive it as is.

I chose the path of turning everything related to my 370z into a mini project so I decided to pick this path to start with a Sports/Touring then upgrade to a Nismo body kit. While I'm also a track junkie, I also like what's great for my purpose; so OEM Nismo for suspension, sways, isn't what I'm looking for. I would have done the same even if I bought a Nismo 370z in the first place; while I love the body kit, I would be like some of the owners here which would have sold most of the Nismo 370z performance related items over time and replaced it with some better performance related items.

While both path's different, IMO the car is still the same mix and match OEM/Aftermarket OEM performance parts so I don't understand why anyone should need to call out if it's a Nismo or not. Where's the tipping point of when it's not a Nismo anymore? or Vise-versa? That's the interesting discussion we've been talking about.

For the ones that aren't interested in this topic, "just unsubscribe", it's that simple, there's plenty of random pointless threads floating on the forum everyday; no need to get so worked up. I'm not.