View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #5554 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
In a nutshell, it's a "sport coupe" and not a sport car. The G is a bit of luxury and additional weight built on essentially the same platform as the Z. I wouldn't mind having the G35 as a DD, but I don't really care for the look of the G37. That's just my opinion, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Dead on Mr. Happy!

WARNING - Personal opinion about to be expressed. No offense intended.

I owned a G37S coupe before my Z and it's hard to believe they are the same car. Apologies to all G37 owners; this just my opinion - it's a Japanese Monte Carlo.

Nissan did a horrible job with the styling proportions, especially the rear quarter of the car. The G35 coupe is one of Nissan's most beautiful cars. The G37 one of it's dorkiest.

To me, the Z is so much more of an honest car - much more primitive. It's louder, has less sound deadening, no sunroof, etc. It's a sports car.

It will be interesting to see what the Q60 really looks like. The different sketches floating around show a much more aggressive car than the G37S. Let's see what the final car ends-up like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
I have to agree on the styling. The G35 was once in a lifetime sweeeeeeettt styling queues. Incredible body lines, especially in the rear quarters. The G37 is a MILF at a teen prom. The "restyle" ruined what was a real classic.

That G35 will be a classic calendar car. The G37...... not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post
For me I find coupes useless. If the car has 2 door in needs two seats if I wanted a back seat I would buy a 4 door vehicle for those uses I always find any 2+2 to long, there's no need for the back IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.gurney- nissan is trying too hard with the Q60's design, i think. if they could simplify the lines to near my G35C (just make it a tad more modern looking), with the G37S's interior, and 350hp for around $45K, im game.

from the looks of it so far, i dont think im going to like the Q60 either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
couples that are huge like the benz ones, they just look too stupid, imho too.

sedans are useless other than for carrying passengers and some luggage = BORING!!! it's like a jack of all trades, not good at any one thing.

this is why i only have couples or hatches. none of the half-arsed in-betweens.
thanks you guys!!! Yous ain't "knuckleheads"!!! Yous my wikipedias!!!!

Seriously! Thanks for the G crash course